Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Birthday Party for my Niece...

Starting Weight: 131.0        Weight 7/21: 127.4 lbs     Weight 7/19:  126.6
Weight Lost: 0 lbs  Weight Gained: 0.8 lb     Net Loss: 3.6 lbs     Net Gain: 0 


I guess I will never understand how I gain weight if I try to combine carb and fat meals in a day. I really do much better just sticking to fat meals.


However, I like the idea of having probiotics in my fermented (cultured) dairy.


Today is my niece's birthday party. So it is expected that I will have ice cream and a piece of cake.


Breakfast:
3-egg omelet with onion and red bell peppers
1/2 cup kefir milk (sure is an acquired taste!)

Lunch:
I hurriedly ate pieces of bacon and scrambled eggs (leftover from those that I prepped for my sons this morning)

Snack courtesy of the birthday party:
1 scoop coffee cream ice cream
1 slice of cake

Supper (I started to eat...but)
tinolang manok with sayote, cucumbers, and pepper leaves, some basil.

I had barely started when hubby told us to get ready for the Batman movie. So I set aside my supper.  Then it turned out that the tickets were sold out. Hubby then wanted to have ice cream at  Gifford's instead, but he made a guilt-trip on me..."You're on a diet."  I said, "that's fine. Let's go have ice cream." So I opted for a single scoop hot fudge sundae with cream and nuts. I was able to finish the cream (it was not too sweet) and was only able to eat half of the ice cream and hot fudge. I could not believe how with those two instances of having to eat sugary stuff, they almost made me sick. I guess I really have purged the sugary cravings now. Bread actually attracts me more, but I try not to bake. Or at least, I will probably bake once every two weeks, maybe...Like how I explained to my older son, sugar is addicting and toxic to the body. But if we assault our body with toxins infrequently, hopefully our bodies will be strong enough to fight the effects and recover quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment