Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back to Phase 2 diet

I am saying it is phase 2 because of the dairy...fermented dairy, that is. 


For 3 days now I have been drinking milk kefir (mixed with about equal amount of raw whole milk).


Although, if not for the whole raw milk (which I use to rinse the kefir grains with), I am not entirely sure how yogurt (NLY) allowed in phase 1 is different from milk kefir. Both are fermented dairy. Both are whole milk.


Other than these, no cheating today!

Starting Weight: 131.0        Weight 7/22: 126.6 lbs     Weight 7/21:  127.4
Weight Lost: 0.8 lbs  Weight Gained: 0 lb     Net Loss: 4.4 lbs     Net Gain: 0  



I still don't quite get my weight loss/gain in relation to what I eat. Apparently, what I most recently ate does not reflect right away on fat deposition/weight loss/gain.


Breakfast:
Crème fraîche on avocado
Avocado with homemade
crème fraîche and raw honey
Tinolang manok (Gary Taubes in his "Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It" he recommends having 2 cups of broth daily)
Kefir milk


Lunch:
Tinolang manok pa rin
Avocado with homemade creme fraiche



Just throw together salad greens, yogurt dressing, and any meat/seafood you want!
Lettuce salad with yogurt dressing,
grilled pork belly, shrimps,
and hard-boiled eggs
Supper:
Salad: Lettuce greens (variety) with yogurt dressing, topped with grilled pork liempo, garlic-sauteed shrimps, and hard-boiled egg. (My most satisfying meal)


This salad is so Harcombe-compatible and very filling!


Lately I have been reading about the Paleo diet (one of my co-workers lost weight rapidly - 50 pounds in 4 months) doing the Paleo diet. I don't think I can survive in that diet, because I LOVE DAIRY and BREAD! Plus I honestly can't eat much of fruits.  And there are a lot of traditional foods that I believe are good. Processed foods made in the traditional way can be nourishing. I do plan to do more on lacto-fermenting veggies (maybe even fruits?)  They are easy enough to make.  I also will get back to wheat/bread later on when I have reached my target weight. Maybe baking a whole wheat bread using honey or maple syrup or coconut crystals as sweetener every week will be okay...I will have only one slice every time.I do crave breads more than I do sugars or fruits.



No comments:

Post a Comment