Friday, July 13, 2012

Back to Phase 1

Rule of Phase 1: No carbs, no sugar,  no caffeeine, no breads, no milk, no vinegar (like in my pickles). Can only have unlimited good fat (animal fat, olive oil, butter, coconut oil, palm oil), meat, lots of veggies except mushroom and potatoes).  Can have brown rice 50 g per day with or without fat meal.

Goal of Phase 1: Candida die-off

Expected Results: Withdrawal symptoms, major cravings

Unavoidable Results: Weight Loss

Starting Weight: 131.0        Weight today: 128.6 lbs     Weight yesterday:  129.6

Weight Lost: 1 lbs  Weight Gained: 0      Net Loss: 2.4 lbs     Net Gain: 0


The past days that I was supposed to be on Phase 2, I was not really following the rules, often mixing in carb with fat meals.  Or I would sneak in a few carb every now and then. My weight basically plateaued.


So three days ago I made the decision to start all over again. And on that day, I binged on carbs - bread and ice cream (to please my husband).


And I started again on Phase 1 two days ago...sort of. Well actually I had some yogurt with strawberries then, but the rest was Harcombe-compatible.
Salmon Fritters
Salad greens with tomato salsa


Yesterday was 100% Harcombe. My usual egg omelet with onions, tomato salad for breakfast, ginisang pechay for lunch, stir-fried chicken with veggies for supper. Chicharon for snacks at work to keep me awake.




BRUNCH:
Salmon fritters
Salad greens with tomato salsa


SUPPER:
I cooked sliced ham with potatoes and cabbage for the family. I only got a small piece of that ham (with the fatty layer next to the skin) but I had a bowl also of beef broth with beef meat (from tail part), with shredded cabbage (instead of noodles, so it is like beef ramen without the pasta).


Cheating: I baked a strawberry-banana-coconut muffin that used coconut crystals (low GI) instead of regular sugar, and I replaced 1/2 c of APF with coconut flour and added  2 more eggs because the coconut flour seemed to absorb to much moisture. I had strawberry-banana jam with 1 piece of strawberry inside the muffin. I baked these mainly for my sons, but since this is my first time experimenting with coconut flour and coconut crystals for baking, I had to try the outcome. It was not disappointing, but I did have a whole muffin. (that would be the equivalent of 20 ml (or roughly 1 T + 1 t) all purpose flour. The coconut flour is made from coconut meat and is more of saturated fat than carb, and has low GI as well, so it is mainly considered low-carb. (At least I really did not have grains). However, I ate the muffin shortly before our supper...so it might have, with the very small amount of carb in it, somehow spiked up my insulin, such that insulin could have started fat storage of my fatty meal....Oh well...


I also ate a few strawberries. So this day actually almost qualifies as phase 2.








No comments:

Post a Comment