Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Fresh Start

Last week was the most amazing week of my weight seesaw. I started the Harcombe Diet and lost almost 10 pounds in 5 days. However, I started cheating (not following the rules) after that every day, so that I gained back some weight.

Last night, hubby and I were on our way to the ice cream shop, and we got into a discussion as to the rationale. He could not believe that I lost 1 pound per day on this diet, without starving. I explained to him that the usual "calorie in, calorie out" and "eat less, do more" are just too simplistic approaches in weight loss, and they DON'T WORK. I told him to think of it as "how your body reacts to food/poison you subject it to."

He could not fathom how you can easily burn 1 pound of fat in a day. I told him, I do not know whether I burned fat and lost 1 pound per day in that period, but that I lost 1 pound of weight per day. He said it could have been some water. I said I was not dehydrating myself, but I was using my fingers as a sort of caliper to see how much belly fat was missing, and using my jeans to see how much thigh fat I lost. One week ago, there was this pair of pants that I could not get past my thighs. At the end of Phase 1, I could wear them easily.

Anyway, with the strawberry shortcake and other cheating that I have been doing since starting Phase 2, I decided that, since I have essentially drifted off the Harcombe diet track doing these cheats in the past 3 days, I will re-start Phase 1, and stick with the plan until I lose weight.

So here is a new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment